Saturday 13 December 2014

Christmastime Knitting!

It's a seasonal miracle that somehow I went from having no clue what to get anyone for Christmas, to having all my shopping done within two weeks. I'm feeling pretty smug about it and to celebrate, I finished knitting my infinity scarf.

Okay actually I sort gave up on the first one I started with the size 11's because it wasn't significantly chunky enough. But I'd already committed a whole skein to it, so I just cast it off and it actually makes a pretty cute cowl:


But I was still determined to make a fluffy ultra-cozy infinity scarf, so I started again with Lion Bran's homespun thick and quick yarn, a super snuggley boucled yarn. It knits up very quick, and I comfortably finished one in a weekend. Here's the result!


 


I actually love it! It's extremely soft and comfy.  I got away with only using one skein by reducing the number of stitches to 21, and it still ended up 4 inches shorter than the patten recommends. I'm still able to wrap it around three times but it's pretty snug the third wrap around. I think I will primarily wear this as shown in the second picture.

At this point, I've knit quite a few little things but I'm feeling the urge to commit to a more challenging project. So what's next? Maybe not this sweater. Not yet anyway! But I hope one day!

As boring as it might sound, I think I might attempt a pair of socks. Why? Well, because as it turns out, knitting socks is friggin' complicated. And I think if I want to graduate to projects like sweaters, I'm going to need to climb a few rungs in knitting skill before I can get there. Not to mention having some cozy wooly socks might come in handy when trodding the cold kitchen floors this winter. 

And they *will* be cozy socks because I will not be knitting them with anything smaller than size 10 needles.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go snuggle with my new infinity scarf while I watch youtubes on how to knit a heel flap. With a martini. 🍸





No comments:

Post a Comment