Tuesday 21 October 2014

Gnitting... ? I think it's with a soft "G"

About three weeks ago, after months of drooling over knitted scarves, gloves, and cardigans on Pinterest, it occurred to me -  What of I just make this stuff myself? How hard can it be?

So I ran over to my local Walmart (Michaels who?) and bought a pair of knitting needles (there are different sizes?) and yarn (Double Worsted What?) and loaded up the first YouTube tutorial I could find on knitting. 

After several hours of diligent study, I ended up with this:


Not one to be easily deterred, I kept practicing, and the triumphant result was this:


What. It's a bookmark. I mean, binding off is for losers, right?

I'm happy to say that the following days and weeks have seen considerable process. I may like to do things the hard way (ie- skim pattern instructions and/or disregard them altogether) but sooner or later I end up with something I'm proud of. Or at least something that will serve as adequate tinder post-apocalypse.

 I started this blog to stay motivated, to spare my friends and family from spamming up their Facebook newsfeed with my latest "accomplishments", and to hopefully blunder my way to a garment or accessory I can somehow wield in public. So... stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment