Friday 24 October 2014

The iPad cozy!

After my foray into the world of cables which resulted in my highly coveted coffee cozy, I felt comfortable enough to tackle this ipad cozy.

I just really like my household objects to be sufficiently cozy, okay??

I fittingly used a skein of Loops & Threads "Cozy Wool" that I found on sale at Michaels. It was actually a bulkier weight yarn than the pattern called for, but I like the way it turned out;

My stitching to close up the bottom is pretty shoddy work, but because the pattern is such a snug fit for the iPad, it stretches it out enough that it's not overly noticeable.

Not quite as inconspicuous is the reverse side, where I forgot to add a cable and as a result there's a big flat spot where the braid just gives up on life.

Not pictured. You don't need to see that.

Overall, I think it's a great free pattern that's perfect for beginners and quick to make.  Even I can finish one of these suckers in a afternoon.

I think I might like to try making another ipad cover but using a different pattern.  Maybe one with a button? But there are so many patterns to choose from! Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment